Ain’t nobody got time for bland stir fry. This soy free Ginger Wasabi Stir Fry will give your taste buds the spicy-sweet kick they crave.
This post is sponsored by Now Foods.
It’s my birthday! And I can’t think of any better way to celebrate than by sharing a new Now Foods recipe with you.
One of my all time favorite Now Foods products is their Roasted Cashew Butter. I add a dollop to yogurt, smoothies and love spreading it over gluten free toast. I’ve known for a while that Now Foods makes a few different flavors of cashew butter, but up to this point I’ve mostly been a purest, sticking to the simple but delicious Roasted Cashew Butter.
In the spirit of turning another year older and attempting not to get stuck in my own ways, I decided to expand my cashew butter arsenal and get adventurous with another flavor: Ginger Wasabi.
I had a few veggies leftover in my fridge, so I figured an everything-but-the-kitchen-sink-style stir fry with a ginger wasabi sauce would be the perfect thing. I wasn’t wrong.
I combined the Ginger Wasabi Cashew Butter with a few other ingredients to create a bold sauce with the perfect balance of sweet and spicy.
Simply blend all the sauce ingredients together and pour it over sautéd chicken thighs and any kind of stir fried veggie you desire (I pulled a bunch I had leftover out of my fridge and supplemented with a few fresh veggies from the store). You’ll have a winning dinner in a matter of minutes.
Want to give this delicious stir fry a try? Get the Ginger Wasabi Cashew Butter from Now Foods with the discount code below:
RECEIVE $10 OFF YOUR NOWFOODS.COM PURCHASE OF $40 OR MORE (BEFORE TAXES AND SHIPPING) USING CODE NICOLENOW10 AT CHECKOUT.*
Ginger Wasabi Stir Fry (soy free)
- 1-2 tbsp Now Foods Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1.5 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs, chopped into 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup sugar snap peas
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded red cabbage
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp honey
- 3 tbsp Ginger Wasabi Cashew Butter
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper and brown on all sides (about 30 seconds per side).
- Add broccoli, peas, bell pepper, and onion to the wok. Season with more salt and pepper and stir to combine. Cover and cook 10 minutes.
- Uncover and strain any excess liquid from veggies.
- Add cabbage and toss to combine. Cover and cook another 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile make your sauce. Add almond milk, coconut aminos, red wine vinegar, honey and Ginger Wasabi Cashew Butter to a blender. Blend until thoroughly combined.
- Add sauce to the wok and cook, uncovered for 2-3 more minutes.
- Serve by itself or with a side of rice or cauliflower rice.
What veggies would you put in your stir fry?
What’s the most interesting nut butter flavor you’ve ever tried?
*Some exclusions apply. Limit one coupon code per transaction. Offer cannot be used on previous purchases. NOW Health Group, Inc. has the right to end any promotion at any time.